Major Skills Aquired
- Knowing different methods of group decision-making
- Using critical judgement
Core Competency Areas
Area 3: Personal and civic growth
Area 5: Representations of the world and of human activity
Space and time
- Inspiration for this activity was drawn from the animated film "Democracy, who are you?" created during an educational camp the organisations Militinérêves, Lafi Bala Underconstruction and Starting Block.
- Sheets of paper
- A copy of the summary table for each group (see attached PDF at the end of the sheet) to draw up your results and weigh the for and against for each decision method.
- A container that can be used as a ballot box on each table.
- One calculator per group.
- Envelopes each containing an explanation of one decision mode (see Exercise - explanatory documents).
- The envelope for the census suffrage must contain the Men or Women labels (one per participant) and Rich or Poor labels (one per participant).
- The envelope for the double majority voting must contain the ‘Country’ labels (one per participant) indicating the (made up) percentage of the EU population contained in this country. Warning: as stated on the label, when added, the percentages must total 100%.
Want to talk about this lesson plan?
Why not talk about this lesson series with our community! Share your experiences and your questions, chat about the changes and improvements that you've made. Find us on our Facebook page (in French).